• Originally published in the Kane County Chronicle on Dec. 8, 2008
It’s an interesting idea, that of describing yourself in exactly six words. In a column earlier this week, I asked people to send me the six words that described themselves and told them that I would print the responses in today’s column. A lot of people seemed as interested in this idea as I was.
They ranged from the funny:
· I never finished anything, except dessert – Dianne Churchhill of Geneva
· Wish I were better at following directions – Chuck Wrede of St. Charles
· Seek, and I will find them – Diana Skipworth of Geneva in reference to her car keys or glasses
To the quite sweet:
· Home, heart, love, warmth, faith wisdom – GayLynn of Geneva
· Children, laughter, love, enjoy with abandon – Dianne Churchhill of Geneva (she sent a few in; like me she couldn’t decide on just one)
· Saw life, grasped it, did good – Rich Seehafer
· Loving wife and four sweet daughters – Russ Chrusciel of Geneva
· Great husband, great kids, great life – Stacy Herrmann
· Finding love at the animal shelter – Jeannine Sprague of North Aurora
And, what’s the sweet without the bittersweet?
· Always searching, always looking, never finding – Dianne Churchill (once again; good for you Dianne!)
And Michelle Babicz of Geneva got so into it, she decided to send in a gaggle of six-word memoirs. She makes Diane Churchill look like a slacker.
· You had me at “Ferrari Testarossa.”
· I am as God made me
· I’m still a work in progress
· Life it too short for bull.
· Life is short – enjoy every sandwich (she gave props to Warren Zevon for this one)
· Pets – one of God’s greatest gifts
· Everyone has a price. What’s yours?
· Any day above ground is groovy!
· Love your country, scrutinize your government
· Love with abandon, beginning with yourself
And we’ll close out with one more from Dianne Churchill:
· What was I thinking? I wasn’t.
I hear you on that one Dianne. Been there, done that, try again.